Baked brie is one of my favorite things to eat! And there’s no wonder why, when you take brie’s sultry creamy gooeyness, top it with brown sugar, butter and chopped nuts, and bake it til it’s even gooier. I chose to pair the brie with some garlic confit (that you can make too!) a quick raspberry compote, and of course a nice loaf of warmed, sliced baguette (can you believe that bread is gluten free?! President’s Choice ya’ll). You’ve got to try this!
1 small or medium sized brie wheel
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp crushed almonds
1/2 pint raspberries
1 tbsp red wine
1/4 cinnamon stick
3 tbsp water
1/4 sprig rosemary (or a pinch of dried rosemary)
10-15 cloves garlic confit
1 baguette (try the gluten free! Seriously!!)
1. First, preheat your oven to 425F. In a small saucepan, add the berries, rosemary, cinnamon, wine, and water. Simmer over medium heat until berries have dissolved into the liquid and the sauce is somewhat thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and rosemary sprig.
2. Take the brie wheel and carefully slice off the top part with the rind. Keep the rind on the sides and the bottom in tact to maintain structure while baking. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the surface of the brie, then top with the nuts, then lastly place the blob of butter right on top. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan with the garlic confit beside it and bake both for about 10 minutes, until brie is jiggly in the center when poked, and garlic is starting to get crispy.
3. When there is 5 minutes left, toss the baguette into the oven to warm it.
4. To assemble: slice the baguette diagonally into toast points. Carefully, using a spatula, transfer the brie to a serving platter. Pour the raspberry compote into a small bowl and serve alongside the brie, with the toast points and roasted garlic.
– So you successfully made yourself a bake brie platter, congrats! Now you’re gazing at it in awe and amusement, wondering how you’re supposed to eat it? This is what I do. Take a garlic clove and smear it on a toast point, then take a scoop of gooey brie and nuts and spread that over the toast point. Drizzle with compote and devour like a savage beast.